Welcome to the d&i Leaders Race at Work Online Summit 2023
The annual d&i Leaders Race at Work Online Summit 2023 brings together diversity, inclusion and HR, recruitment and talent professionals, along with employee network members, committed to tackling racial inequality in the workplace.
The CIPD Race inclusion reports, released in 2021, look at how race is viewed by employees and employers, and offer recommendations organisations can put in place to prevent race related discrimination in the workplace. Whilst progress is being made, they found:
- More ethnic minorities (40%) want to talk about race at work compared to the white British workforce (23%)
- Conversations about race are mainly being initiated through employee networks, followed by senior leaders and HR
- Where there is strong trust in senior management, more staff are willing to talk about race
- Less than half of employers are asking their workforce to disclose their ethnicity
- 30% believe that their employer may say they will take action to tackle inequality, but that there will be no change evident
- More than a fifth of ethnic minority employees said discrimination was the reason their career progression had failed to meet their expectations
d&i Leaders is committed to helping make racial inequality in the workplace a thing of the past.
Employers need to tackle the barriers that minority ethnic people face in their careers – specifically, the disparities in pay and progression compared with their white colleagues.
With 16+ speakers and a unique online CPD accredited programme featuring one-to-one interviews; case studies; panel discussions; Q&A sessions and online networking tables, we are sure you will be inspired to make a difference in your own organisation.
We look forward to welcoming you online this November.
Founder, d&i Leaders
d&i Leaders Club – Apply now and save 5% off your summit place!
The d&i Leaders Club is a global community of senior in-house diversity, inclusion, HR and recruitment professionals, looking to collaborate, network and accelerate their workplace inclusion strategy. Community membership is free for in-house d&i, HR and recruitment professionals, along with Employee Network Members. Members receive a 5% discount to attend our events, as well as a whole host of other networking and educational opportunities. – join now and save 5% off your summit place!