Race at Work Summit 2022
Now available to watch on demand!
The leading annual event bringing together organisations committed to tackling racial inequality in the workplace.
250+ organisations took part in our 2022 online summit
The 4th annual d&i Leaders Race at Work Online Summit took place on 16 November, with 20 expert speakers and 250+ attendees.
You can now purchase access to the live event recordings and watch on demand.
With 6hrs 20mins worth of keynote presentations, panel discussions, one to one conversations and audience Q&A sessions, we are sure you will be inspired to make a difference in your own organisation.
d&i Leaders Club
In-house D&I and HR related professionals, along with Employee Network Members, are invited to join the
d&i Leaders Club – a network of 10,000+ people!
Membership is free and will give you a 5% discount off your online summit place and a whole host of other networking and educational opportunities.
Our 2022 expert speakers included
Prof Binna Kandola OBE
Pearn Kandola LLP
Group Director of Diversity & Inclusion
Director of AXA Commercial & Executive Sponsor, REACH Employee Network
Executive Director, Equity & Inclusion Workforce International
Warner Bros. Discovery
Diversity, Equity & Inclusiveness Director, UK & Ireland
Diversity, Inclusion and Resourcing Director
Senior Manager, Group Inclusion & Diversity, Race Action Plan Lead
Lloyds Banking Group
Sufia Hussain Parkar
Inclusion, Equity & Diversity Director EMEA
Dr Doyin Atewologun
Dean - The Rhodes Scholarships
University of Oxford
Head of Buying & Supply Chain - Tesco Mobile & Black Action Project Leader
Topics explored at the 2022 online summit included
- Tackling racial equity and inclusion two years on from the death of George Floyd
- Understanding and removing barriers for minority ethnic talent to advance to the top of organisations
- Leadership and race – Disrupting the ‘ideal leader standard’
- Understanding the impact of racial stereotypes in the workplace and how to counter them
- Empowering ethnic minority talent to bring their whole self to the workplace
- Addressing the vital role of executive sponsorship in progressing the careers of minority ethnic talent
- Using an intersectional lens to look at how minority ethnic talent is progressing within an organisation
- Getting to grips with your Black, Asian and minority ethnic data and setting targets
- Setting up and launching the Black Action Plan
- How role models can involve, empower, and pave the way for others to become a senior leader
- Insights from the BITC Race at Work Thematic Review 2022
- Understanding the impact of mental health on race and ethnicity and the value of open conversations at work
- Supporting pro-active anti-racist allies in the workplace
What our previous race at work summit attendees said...
“An absolutely outstanding event, I cannot enthuse enough about this summit!”
“Insightful and thought provoking”
“A thought provoking event. I am itching to get back to my organisation to develop ideas and implement”
“Fast moving, thought provoking and motivational”
“The event was a thought-provoking celebration of diversity and inclusion”
“Brilliant and practical”
“Amazing! Speakers, content and energy installs a sense of self-worth”
“Informative, engaging and thoroughly enjoyable!”
“A truly stimulating and well organised event, with top notch expert speakers”
“Really insightful, exhilarating, content rich, energising event!”
“A thought provoking, challenging day, that made me think differently about the way our business approaches D&I”
“A thought provoking, informative event with constantly inspiring speakers, providing action-orientated ideas to take away”
“The biggest event on race equality in the workplace which will be instrumental on moving this forward”
“Very informative and practical guidance to take away- well organised and good varied structure”
“I now feel more comfortable with the uncomfortable”
“This event is a must for any organisation that is serious about starting a discussion on race”
“Informative, insightful and thought-provoking – a call to action”
“Outstanding content and presenters”