Seminar kindly sponsored by:
Times below are British Summer Time (BST).
All talks are recorded so you can revisit or view at a time convenient to you!
08:40 Online networking
09:05 Chair’s morning opening remarks
09:10 Retaining and progressing neurodiverse talent at BP
- Creating a neuroinclusive workplace by establishing neurodiversity-friendly HR processes and everyday work experiences
- Getting to grips with the needs of your neurodiverse workforce and providing the right level of support
- Line managers – what training is required?
09:30 Taking an anticipatory approach to neurodiversity, normalising assistive technology and creating an inclusive environment for all where the assets of neurodiversity can shine
09:45 Attracting neurodiverse talent - how Mindweaver is redefining the recruitment process
10:05 Neurodiversity unmasked: my personal journey living on the spectrum and how Philips is building a neuro-inclusive workforce
- How I learned to accept and embrace my autism as a strength in life and at work: a personal story of masking and unmasking
- Why companies need to start thinking about neurodiversity in terms of differences, not deficits – while fostering a culture of psychological safety
- How to set up and grow a Neurodiversity Employee Resource Group: initial experiences and learnings from behind the corporate curtains
10:20 Live audience questions and answers
10:55 Break and online networking
11:20 In Conversation: Understanding the challenges of race, gender and sexual orientation for people with neurodiverse conditions
- In this session Nigel will discuss his own personal experiences as well as what Amazon Web Services are doing to support neurodivergent employees globally.
11:40 Global Media & Entertainment case study: Our intern programme for autistic talent
- In this session Sally will be joined by one of Global’s recent interns to provide a behind the scenes insight on their internship programme in partnership with Employ Autism
12:00 How to create a neuro-inclusive culture where everyone thrives
- Providing inclusive tools to support the diverse needs of all your staff
- Making a cultural shift to build trust, remove barriers and maximise engagement
12:15 Addressing intersectional experiences through a neurodiversity lens and supporting colleagues on their journey
12:35 Live audience questions and answers
13:05 Lunch break and online networking
13:50 Chair’s afternoon opening remarks
13:55 In conversation: Supporting mental health and wellbeing for neurodiverse colleagues at work
- The connection between mental health and (neuro) diversity
- Neurodiversity and mental health in the context of lived experience
- How can you make the office more inclusive for people with neurodiversity? Practical tips, including workplace adjustments
14:10 Neurodiversity career mapping and role alignment, including agile working - how do you harness unique talent?
14:30 How the DEI function and employee networks can cultivate a collaborative relationship to drive awareness and understanding of neurodiversity
- Founding the relationship, working together and making a positive impact, leveraging each other’s platforms and stakeholders to lift voices
- How to communicate, and principles to follow ensuring openness, support and being able to challenge
- Aligning strategies, whilst protecting Network individuality and the DEI team’s focus on key business issues
- Developing and rolling out in-house training for employees and leaders to educate and foster understanding