Times below are British Summer Time (BST).
All talks are recorded so you can revisit or view at a time convenient to you!
13:10 Online networking
13:30 Chair’s welcome and opening remarks
13:40 Elevating mental health as a strategic priority in this current climate and driving this forward to a total wellbeing strategy for your organisation
- Understanding the business case for a total wellbeing approach to supporting employees in managing their health, work, life and financial wellbeing
- Senior sponsorship as a driver in developing an open culture around mental health and wellbeing
- Engaging employees and acting on employee feedback to strengthen wellbeing
14:00 Understanding workplace challenges and cultural stigma faced by minority ethnic employees around mental health. In Conversation:
14:20 Case Study: Exploring the impact of grief on mental health and how to support employees through difficult times
A look at what the UK Civil Service are doing to ensure colleagues are supported through bereavement and loss and how to support all civil servants to feel able to talk openly about these issues and acknowledge their grief in the workplace.
14:40 Panel session with audience Q&A - COVID-19 and the impact on mental health
– Working from home, bereavement, isolation, loss of income and fear are triggering mental health conditions or exacerbating existing ones. Many people may be facing increased levels of alcohol and drug use, insomnia, and anxiety.
What role can employers play in supporting employees through these difficult times?
Mental Health Champion & Senior Director, Remedies Business & Financial Analysis
Competition and Markets Authority
Lead Health & Wellbeing Consultant
15:05 Break and online networking
15:30 Chair’s welcome back
15:35 Supporting mental health resilience in teams working across different locations
- The challenges faced by both individuals and managers in responding to staff across multiple locations
- What positive insights and good practice can we take from our recent experiences of working from home?
- What are the next steps in integrating teams, supporting employee wellbeing and engagement in the new workplace landscape?
15:55 Implementing a mental health strategy and the role of line managers
- Empowering and training line managers to effectively and confidently support the mental health and wellbeing of employees
- Implementing and supporting Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA)
- Removing the stigma around mental health and the role of storytelling
- Setting up a Mental Health Network at Experian
16:15 Tall stories - the powerful truth of mental health
- The power of storytelling – the role of advocates to role model vulnerability and start the conversation
- Safe spaces – creating trust and safety to amplify the conversation
- Bottom-up or Top-down – who owns the wellbeing agenda?
- Living values – elevating your actions beyond words
16:35 Flexibility as an enabler of wellbeing
- How flexibility can benefit the wellbeing of individuals
- The impact of the pandemic on working arrangements and how we supported our employees during this time
- How we plan to sustain flexibility and support employee wellbeing in the ‘new normal’
16:55 Live audience questions and answers
Mental Health, Wellbeing & Suicide Awareness Campaigner and HR Director
17:15 Chair’s closing remarks
17:20 Online networking
17:30 Close of the d&i Leaders Mental Health at Work Online Seminar 2021
d&i Leaders Neurodiversity at Work Seminar - 7 July
Why not also attend the d&i Leaders Neurodiversity at Work Seminar – taking place in the morning on 7 July. Discounted full-day tickets available which can be shared with a colleague.