Schools OUT UK
d&i Leaders is proud to be supporting Schools OUT UK, an education charity with a goal to make our schools and educational institutions safe spaces for our LGBT+ communities. d&i Leaders will be donating £2 for every delegate place sold at our LGBT+ at Work Online Conference 2024.
The over-arching aim of Schools OUT is to make our schools safe and inclusive for everyone. To do this we need:
- To provide both a formal and informal support network for all people who want to raise the issue of homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and heterosexism in education.
- To campaign on lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans issues as they affect education and those in education.
- To research, debate and stimulate curriculum development on LGBT issues.
- To work towards unison between teacher and lecturer unions and other professional stakeholders in education
- To promote equality, safety and visibility in education for LGBT people and all the protected characteristics
For further information, please visit: www.schools-out.org.uk
LGBT+ History Month
LGBT History month takes place in February each year.
The overall aim of LGBT History month is to promote equality and diversity for the benefit of the public.
This is done by:
- Increasing the visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (“LGBT”) people, their history, lives and their experiences in the curriculum and culture of educational and other institutions, and the wider community;
- Raising awareness and advancing education on matters affecting the LGBT community;
- Working to make educational and other institutions safe spaces for all LGBT communities; and
- Promoting the welfare of LGBT people, by ensuring that the education system recognises and enables LGBT people to achieve their full potential, so they contribute fully to society and lead fulfilled lives, thus benefiting society as a whole.
LGBT+ History Month receives no core funding for all the work we and our volunteers do. The sale of our badges and lanyards are crucial to keep all this work happening.
To purchase your LGBT+ History Month 2024 Badges and Lanyards, please click here
For further information, please visit: www.lgbtplushistorymonth.co.uk
The Recite Me cloud-based assistive technology toolbar allows web visitors to customise your site to access information in the way that is best suited to them. You can test it out for yourself on this d&i Leaders website.
Easy to use, our award-winning software includes text to speech functionality, dyslexia software, an interactive dictionary, a translation tool with over 100 languages and many other features. Our web accessibility software helps you reach a wider customer base and benefits millions of people who currently miss out on your online content. More visitors will be able to access your digital content at work, at home or on a mobile. Recite Me works across all devices.
For further information, please visit: www.reciteme.com