Website ONECampaign The ONE Campaign
ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Senior Director, Global Leader Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion leads the development and implementation of strategic and proactive initiatives for DEI to become embedded in our thinking, planning, and activities and an integral part of who we are as an organization. The candidate will be a global leader with experience addressing nuances of diversity, equity, and inclusion in different countries and working across local and cultural norms.
The Senior Director will partner with the CEO and Senior Leadership Team (SLT), providing thought leadership, training, guidance, and resources to fully integrate ONE’s DEI vision and values in our everyday work. The Senior Director will serve as an expert and trusted advisor who regularly engages with staff at all levels and in nine countries, as well as partners, both internally and externally. The Senior Director will apply a global and intersectional approach that recognizes all forms of oppression and exclusion and guides ONE’s shift to becoming a fully inclusive organization.
The Senior Director is an essential member of the ONE team, a group of talented professionals dedicated to the common goals of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. They champion this cause through the development of innovative and strategic initiatives to achieve ONE’s mission.
ONE recognizes that inclusion, diversity, and equality are ongoing work and is seeking a Senior Director who will collaborate across the global organization to help develop, coordinate, and implement direction and measurable outcomes in an inclusion and anti-racism framework.
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting directly to the CEO.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Serve as a subject matter expert to the organization on ONE’s DEI vision and strategic plan.
- Shape the direction and guide senior leadership in their communication and implementation of both small and systemic shifts that embed DEI values in ONE’s work and culture.
- Develop a multi-year strategy and implementation plan for ONE to become an anti-racist and inclusive organization.
- Lead on the development of ONE’s DEI objectives and action plans that align with priorities based on employee input, the strategic plan and Annual Plan, and annual budgets.
- Work with the SLT, teams and other stakeholders to identify gaps and improve opportunities for a more inclusive workforce and audience, globally.
- Lead efforts to identify and remove systemic obstacles to increasing DEI throughout ONE.
- Champion diversity, equity, and inclusion awareness and cultural programs across ONE.
- Facilitate and support the execution of internal events, workshops, and programs focused on inclusion and sense of belonging at ONE.
- Partner with Learning and Development Lead and HR Team to develop and implement a DEI learning and awareness strategy for all levels of employees.
- Advise communication leaders on effective internal and external communication and branding around ONE’s DEI strategy, commitment, updates, and community involvement.
- Partner with teams across the organization to embed DEI approaches, tools, and resources into their projects and ways of working.
- Foster and cultivate external relationships with networks and partnerships for best practice awareness.
- Act as an ambassador for DEI to the ONE Board of Directors and ONE’s external stakeholders.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience in diversity, equity and inclusion and related areas, including work with international teams.
- 5+ years’ experience in leading organizations to becoming more inclusive and equitable.
- Experience and understanding of DEI challenges in a global organization.
- Experience living and working in different countries.
- Experience working in international development a plus.
- Skilled in data collection, data analysis, and generating insights that can be transformed into clear D, E, I objectives.
- Excellent emotional intelligence with a proven track record of navigating difficult conversations and interpersonal relationships.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to translate complex information for a variety of audiences.
- Experience working effectively in a team environment and building successful and effective relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- History of practicing sound judgment, working with integrity and sensitivity, and maintaining strict confidentiality.
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in English required. Fluency in another language, such as German or French, strongly desired.
Ability to travel as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Hybrid workplace environment with option to work @office, @flex, or @home. Business needs and team schedules may dictate specific days per week you need to work in the office. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs (http://www.one.org/jobs).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email email@example.com). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.one.org.