We believe that a hybrid, flexible working approach offers you – and your colleagues – the best of both worlds. Face-to-face collaboration is an integral part of our warm, friendly culture, so you’ll work from our head office three days a week, working flexibly around our core working hours of 10am-3pm. Beyond that, how, when and where you work is up to you. With a subsidised canteen, free parking and a comfortable, relaxed environment, we’ve worked hard to build an office you’ll want to work in. We also know that, when it comes to school pick-ups and home deliveries, it’s nice to have the flexibility to do both.
Full time salary c. £40-45k depending on experience.
- Develop, socialise and deliver the SFX Inclusion and Diversity plan in association with the Senior HR Business Partner.
- Deliver fresh insight to the I&D COE from internal and external sources (i.e. tracking sentiment trends from continuous employee listening and scanning market for best practice)
- Own the Screwfix Calendar of Inclusion and Diversity events and deliver a schedule of engaging events across the business.
- Drive the set-up, implementation and mobilisation of new networks and communities aligned with our Inclusion Strategy. Leading the Inclusion Network Alliance, partnering Chairs and Co-Chairs and being a key member of the Us Inclusion Strategic Board.
- Collaborate with our internal comms and HR teams to ensure there is a communication plan to raise awareness and educate on key events throughout the year – e.g. viva engage, calendar, etc.
- Set up and project manage Inclusion activity/projects.
- Work with the People Insight team to surface key data and insight to inform plans, monitor progress and measure our success.
- Support the team in enhancing our people policies, templates and toolkits placing a lens of inclusion over every process, workflow, procedure and initiative.
- Work with teams across the HR function to ensure inclusion lens on all People plans.
- Connect with I&D colleagues across Kingfisher and identify opportunities to collaborate, support and learn from each other.
Required Skills & Experience
Project Management – Track record of developing and implementing I&D or other people initiatives which have contributed to achieving business objectives. Your planning, organisational and project management skills are a strength, you enjoy a fast paced, ever changing business, managing multiple demands. You plan ahead, anticipate problems and develop contingency plans to ensure you can meet deadlines.
Detail focused – Strong attention to detail. Comfortable working with data and turning insight into action.
Stakeholder Management. Excellent stakeholder management skills with experience engaging diverse stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
Curious – Sound understanding of I&D best practices and knowledge of current trends and issues impacting I&D within organisations. Demonstrate commitment to diversity and inclusion and a passion for driving positive change and continual progression of the I&D agenda.
Customer focus – In line with our values, you’ll have an amazing customer approach, thinking of our colleagues at every point, combined with a commercial outlook.
Commercially minded – You will be able to articulate the business case for I&D to a range of audiences using excellent communication skills.
Communication – You are credible which is reflected in your communication style. Often influencing stakeholders, coaching them through to solutions, taking into account the needs of the audience and the nature of events.
What’s in it for me?
You do your best when you feel your best, so we’ve chosen benefits that truly matter and support your wellbeing.
Subsidised canteen: We offer a great selection of hot and cold food at our subsidised canteen, as well as a warm, inviting place for you to eat. So whether you prefer a packed lunch or an easy life, we cater to all.
Free parking: No one wants to spend their mornings circling around the car park. So whether you have a work vehicle or not, there’ll always be a free spot for you and your car.
Parental leave policy: We offer Enhanced Family Leave for our UK and ROI based colleagues. Our policies and resources are inclusive for all parents and include enhanced pay terms and generous leave policies. We’ve put everything we think you should know on our dedicated intranet page, ready for when you need it. Find out more on our website.
- Award-Winning Pension Scheme
- 20% Discounts at Screwfix & B&Q, plus discounts at other High-Street Retailers
- Company Bonus up to 20%
- Award-Winning Apprenticeship Schemes
- MyGym discounts
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Enhanced Family leave
- Retail Trust counselling services
- Life cover
Sustainability at Screwfix
We’re committed to building a better future for our community and our planet. That’s why we’re doing everything we can in six key areas: eliminating carbon emissions, reducing and recycling waste, sourcing responsibly, keeping products in use for longer, selling more sustainable products and providing sustainable packaging. We’re on a mission to put sustainability at the forefront of everything we do. Join us.
We’ve worked hard to create a culture of inclusivity and genuine community. We’re a company built on teamwork, and the best teams are ones in which everyone can share their view. Whatever your background, however you identify, you’ll be listened to, encouraged, and given the tools and training you need to get ahead. You’ll always know where you are with us. We’re open. We’re fair. And we believe in opportunities for everyone.
We believe in equity for all. Please let us know at email@example.com if you need any additional support or adjustments when it comes to your application.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.screwfix.com.