Join and shape the Journey of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Saïd Business School
Saïd Business School are currently searching for an experienced, passionate, and committed individual to step into a strategic role within our organisation as our Head of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion. This is a fantastic time to join our School and join our new leadership as we continue to advance our agenda in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
The successful candidate will develop and champion our five-year ED&I strategy, measuring it’s impact on the SBS community for staff and our students, and driving the ED&I agenda throughout the school. You will have impact and influence in this role. Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, this role is instrumental in the advancement and embodiment of best policy and practice within our institution.
This is a key role within the School and will work closely with our Deputy Dean for People and EDI and with regular contact with the Dean and Senior Leadership Group, reporting direct to the Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development, you will have influence and impact. You will an instrumental part of a leading edge, dynamic and supportive management team and will liaise with the wider institution and external regulatory and advisory bodies, ensuring alignment with national quality standards including Athena Swan, Stonewall and the Race Equality Charter.
You will be strongly encouraged to continuously professionally develop yourself and will be part of a world class business School.
- Developing and implementing a five-year ED&I strategy across SBS.
- Leading and influencing the ED&I agenda, in collaboration with senior faculty, managers, and external stakeholders.
- Gathering, analysing and importantly using data to inform decision-making and strategy, and contributing to external accreditations and quality standards.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Holds a professional qualification or equivalent experience in the ED&I field.
- Has prior experience working on ED&I initiatives in complex organisations and academic departments.
- Demonstrates a commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion, with the ability to initiate impactful policy and practice interventions.
- Is proficient in data analysis and strategy development.
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to deliver clear reports and presentations.
- Holds knowledge of national quality standards such as Athena Swan and is experienced with ED&I issues in the Higher Education sector.
This position is not just about meeting targets; it’s about making a real difference. It’s about working with other leaders to create an environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to thrive. If you’re a proactive, strategic thinker with a passion for equality, diversity and inclusion, we would love to hear from you.
Join us in shaping the future of the Saïd Business School community. Apply today and let’s make a difference together!
Further information on this role and how to apply can be found in the job description.
What We Offer
Your happiness and wellbeing at work matters to us, so we offer a range of family friendly and financial benefits including:
• Flexible hybrid working
• An excellent contributory pension scheme
• 38 days annual leave
• A comprehensive range of childcare services
• Family leave schemes
• Cycle loan scheme
• Membership to a variety of social and sports clubs
• Discounted bus travel and Season Ticket travel loans
All applications must include a CV, Cover Letter/ Supporting Statement and Current Salary
Saïd Business School is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 28th June 2023 at 12 noon.