We are brave, we are ambitious, we are honest, and we are Citizen!
Do you want to work for an organisation that supports work life balance? If so, we may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
We are seeking an Equality and Inclusion Manager to lead Citizen in our next steps to meeting our EDI objectives and ambitions. Citizen has made a lot of progress but we want to find someone who can ensure we meet our responsibilities, but also to go further to address issues of inclusion and equality within our organisation and our communities. The commitment to improving inclusion and equality is organisation wide and you will provide expert advice and information to colleagues, Senior and Executive Leadership Teams as well as Boards and Committees.
You will proactively lead the redevelopment and implementation of Citizen’s Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Strategy embedding a programme of activities and projects to meet our objectives and EDI commitments.
Alongside this, you will also:
- Provide overall subject expert leadership, coordination, development, review and assessment of equality and diversity issues and how this affects Citizen service delivery and employment and recruitment approaches.
- Lead on the overall reporting to the EDI Staff Forum, Board and Committees on delivery of our EDI Strategy objectives and annual monitoring report for publication.
- Champion an organisational culture that values equality and diversity across Citizen – in all dealings staff have with colleagues, customers, and partners.
- Lead on designated Equalities related projects as agreed with the Head of Performance, Insight & Equalities and monitor implementation.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A degree level education or equivalent through relevant training/ experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Knowledge of the Equalities legislation and application of the Public Sector Equality duty in a regulated sector/organisation
- Operational experience gained within social housing sector or similar regulated sector
- Demonstrate understanding of and a commitment to principles of equality and diversity
- Strong communication and network-building skills
So, if you think you have the technical know-how and can demonstrate the people skills we’re looking for, we really want to hear from you!
If this sounds like you, you’ll feel right at home at Citizen.
As well as a generous benefits package, we enable all Citizens to achieve the best possible balance between work and personal life and provide opportunities for everyone to reach their full potential.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from everyone. If you need this information in an alternative format/language to enable you to apply, please visit our website at citizenhousing.org.uk
We adopt a proactive approach to safeguarding to ensure everyone accessing our services can do so without fear of harm, abuse or neglect. As part of our recruitment process, we carry out robust safeguarding checks.
This post is subject to a Basic DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service).
Please note we will be reviewing applications throughout the campaign and may invite candidates to interview at any time. We reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published closing date should a suitable candidate be identified.
What We Do
This is a great opportunity for you to join one of the UK’s most trusted social housing providers.
Citizen owns and manages 30,000 homes across the West Midlands, including diverse communities from urban tower blocks to rural villages and towns; but we provide more than housing – our homes are a foundation for life.
We are proud to be an organisation which deals directly with the consequences of our housing crisis by providing homes for people who can’t access them on the market.
We are a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity. All the money we make goes back into improving our homes and services and building new homes so that we can help more people.
Working for Citizen not only offers you the chance to work for an award-winning, big-hitting organisation in the West Midlands, it gives you the opportunity to work for an organisation with a heart and a clear social purpose.
It doesn’t matter which function you work in, being part of our team will give you the chance to play your own part in making a very real difference to people’s lives.
To apply for this job please visit www.networxrecruitment.com.