Job reference: REQ000203
Salary:£38,928 – £45,796
Location: Birmingham/Hybrid working (2 days in the office 3 days from home)
If you have proven experience of delivering equality, diversity and inclusion strategies, this is an exciting opportunity to play a key role developing a workplace culture at the General Dental Council (GDC) where staff are enabled to thrive so we can continue to make a real impact maintaining public confidence in dental services and protecting the safety of patients.
As Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Culture Partner you will lead on the evolution, delivery and monitoring of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy and wellbeing agenda. Your responsibilities will include:
- Promoting engagement, knowledge and awareness of equality and diversity priorities
- Supporting the GDC to embed equality and diversity within our business plans and to promote effective Equality, Diversity and Inclusion practice
- Developing governance and reporting procedures which support the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion needs of staff
- Supporting staff in undertaking equality impact assessments
- Working with colleagues to provide advice, guidance and support on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion issues and best practice
- Working with colleagues to ensure that equality and diversity inductions are provided to all new starters and associates
You will need comprehensive working knowledge of legislation and best practice and experience of delivering equality and diversity strategies and initiatives that have had positive outcomes. You will also need experience of supporting the successful delivery of organisational development and change programmes. An understanding of the barriers to equality of opportunity and diversity, and the strategies to overcome them, is equally important.
Our primary purpose is to protect patient safety and maintain public confidence in dental services. To achieve this, we register qualified dental professionals, set standards for the dental team, investigate complaints about dental professionals’ fitness to practise, and work to ensure the quality of dental education.
Our work matters and so do our people. We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion by recruiting and strengthening our teams with team members from different backgrounds, life experiences and viewpoints. Equality and diversity are not just words, they are what makes our teams strong and able to deliver. We want to be champions of diversity and to have a sense of belonging in the workplace, where everybody has the chance to contribute and to share what is important to them.
To apply for this job please visit ce0668li.webitrent.com.