We are looking for an EDI Manager on a permanent basis to support us in our exciting mission to transform the physics landscape for the UK and Ireland, and ensure a thriving physics ecosystem that contributes to innovation, discovery, research, growth and debate in the UK, Ireland and beyond. We are very proud of our innovative strategy and you can watch this film for more information about our work.
What is it like working at the IOP?
The IOP is a friendly and ambitious organisation. Inclusion and diversity are central to our work and we have a ‘work anywhere’ policy to make working at the IOP as flexible as possible. Looking after our colleagues and supporting them in life and work is our priority, ensuring they can live their best lives, with competitive salaries and generous benefits.
What will I be doing?
- Developing and delivering internal policy and process to embed EDI across the organisation
- Managing the EDI Officers
- Supporting the inclusive delivery of activities internally and externally in support of our strategy through expert advice and guidance
Projects you work on may include:
- The launch of the new inclusion model for physics HE departments, which replaces Project Juno, our flagship gender equality award
- Our Limit Less Campaign which seeks to increase the number of students studying physics at A level from diverse backgrounds
- Policy and influencing work with government departments
Who will I work with?
- The EDI team
- Colleagues across the IOP in all departments
- IOP members and members of the physics community in academia and industry
Ideally, we hope you’ll apply if your skills include:
- Subject matter expertise in EDI and a personal commitment to EDI values
- Experience of managing through others to deliver results including projects and programmes
- Experience of delivering behavioural change through the implementation of EDI policy, processes and training
Nice to have
- Awareness of the EDI landscape in physics
- Experience of working in a membership organisation
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Alongside your CV, please ensure you include a cover letter stating how you meet the person specification.
How will I be working?
The Institute of Physics is an inclusive employer and our people are at the heart of our approach to delivery. Following the impact of COVID-19, we have developed a new, innovative and exciting trust-based model of flexible working called How We Work. This empowers our staff to choose both individually and as a team how, when and where they work to deliver the goals of the organisation, acknowledging that there will be occasions where in-person meetings, collaborations and events will help generate greater impact. The How We Work initiative is based on the principles of collaboration, trust, flexibility and agility. You will be allocated a ‘base’ office which can also be a chosen place of work.
Why should I want to work for the IOP?
The Institute of Physics (IOP) is the professional body and learned society for physics in the UK and Ireland – we seek to raise public awareness and understanding of physics and support the development of a diverse and inclusive physics community. As a charity, we’re here to ensure that physics delivers on its exceptional potential to benefit society.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join the IOP – watch our film to find out more about our work.
As well as a competitive salary and professional development opportunities, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- An excellent pension scheme – (up to 12% company contribution)
- Private medical insurance , gym membership, life assurance, dental insurance, health care cash plan (via salary sacrifice) eye care vouchers, annual flu vaccinations, long service awards, employee assistance programme
- Generous annual leave (25 days starting as a standard plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Company closure between Christmas and New Year and much more!
To apply for this role please click the link below, best of luck with your applications!
The Institute of Physics is an open and inclusive organisation that welcomes and celebrates diversity.
Employment Type:Full time
Closing date for applications: Sunday 1 October 2023Interviews to be held: 5/6 October 2023 (Via Teams) with an opportunity to team the EDI team also
To apply for this job please visit iopjobs.org.