Website CooperativeBank The Co-operative Bank plc
Want to change the world? A career that makes a difference
We’re not a bank that follows the crowd. Instead, we like to stand out for all the right reasons. Formed in 1872 in Victorian Rochdale, our bank is built on co-operative values that stand strong today. A lot has happened in 150 years, we don’t just help people with their money, but help people fight for justice and the causes they care about. Our unique customer-led Ethical Policy, has made us a natural leader in environmental and social issues today, and we’re market leaders in ESG as rated by leading ESG ratings agency Sustainalytics*.
There has never been a more pressing time for our Bank to focus our efforts on causes that matter to our customers and colleagues. Why not see where you can make a change, and join the UK’s original ethical bank to continue our ambitions to lead the industry on environmental and social issues in 2023 and beyond.
Due to continued growth here at The Co-operative bank we have an exciting new role as a Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Lead (DE & I Lead). This role has been created to support the bank in developing our diversity, equality and inclusion, whilst aligning changes in line with our values and ethics, ESG strategy and strategic cultural aims. Creating an ethical workplace and culture for all our colleagues is one of our commitments within the 3 pillars of our Ethical policy.
As the DE & I Lead, you will be responsible for implementing DE& I initiatives that will drive positive changes within the bank. You will have the opportunity to work with Senior Leaders and People Team to deliver expert advice and guidance whilst supporting the development of internal colleague policies and practices.
- Lead on the development of the bank’s equality, diversity & inclusion strategy ensuring the bank is setting bold commitments to make the business a diverse and inclusive employer reflective of the communities we serve whilst maintaining alignment to our values & ethics, ESG strategy and strategic cultural aims.
- Effectively communicate equality, diversity and inclusion activities to all stakeholders, ensuring policies are embedded and monitored across the Bank.
- Support colleagues via the development and maintenance of effective self-serve advice and online support material and guidance around equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Be the subject matter expert on equality, diversity & inclusion to support the development of internal colleague policies and practices as well as reacting to changes and new emerging opportunities, customer and market insight/trends;
- Work with Senior Leaders and People Team to deliver expert advice and guidance and provide and implement solutions to complex equality, inclusion and diversity challenges within the framework of relevant legislation.
- Own the collation, analysis and reporting of equality, inclusion and diversity data for required papers and Committees, including Values and Ethics Committee meetings, Values and Ethics and Sustainability reports, Women In Finance, gender pay gap and ethnicity pay gap reporting
- Have clear mid and long terms targets and strategies to ensure we are consistently learning and developing in this field
- Bring outside thinking into the bank through forums, roundtables, proven expertise from key spokespeople
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrable experience of delivering and impacting equality, diversity & inclusion strategy
- Experience of developing/implementing DE&I policies
- Experience in designing and implementing project plans to deliver business objectives, ideally in complex and changing environments, with the ability to think differently, test new ideas and challenge traditional approaches to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Able to analyse diversity & inclusion trends, issues and opportunities and align these to practical suggestions for levers of change whilst managing any associated risk
- Strong business, commercial and operational understanding with ability to translate issues and information into clear messages for stakeholders, at pace
- High emotional intelligence (persuasion, empathy, diplomacy) with the ability to identify, build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Strong influencing skills and upwards management with intelligent stakeholder understanding, with analytical ability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including report writing
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Flexible and remote working
- 27 days holiday, plus opportunity to buy 5 extra days
- Competitive pension / income protection / life assurance
- Positive, friendly work culture that promotes work life balance
- Commitment from employers on continued learning & development
- Wellbeing support ‘Help@Hand’ offers mental health support, physiotherapy, GP’s for both you and your family.
- 2 paid days for volunteering per year
- ‘MyReward’ corporate discount for over 800 retailers and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Family friendly policies and supportive working environment
- Recognition scheme and a culture in which we celebrate success
- Colleague network groups committed to inclusion and diversity within our Bank.
Our Bank is committed to continuing to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive environment where all colleagues can fulfil their potential. We welcome applications from talented individuals from all backgrounds and lifestyles who can work with us in maintaining a culture of belonging, where people are valued and respected.
If you require more information or this document in a different format, please contact email@example.com
As a reputable employer regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all offers of employment for this role are subject to a series of background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks.
To apply for this job please visit www.co-operativebankjobs.co.uk.