At Phoenix Group, our talented people act with integrity, deliver on promises and care about our customers, charities, and our role in the wider economy. We’re really proud of our legacy of helping our customers plan responsibly for their future. We utilise our diversity of outlook and unrivalled expertise to serve our customers better than anyone else. Working together for the right reasons we can achieve great things; for you, for our customers, for the business, and for society as a whole.
Our sustainability strategy is fully aligned to our corporate purpose of helping people secure a life of possibilities. It is an extremely exciting time to get involved in driving forward our sustainability ambitions and the customer sustainability team are looking for a Digital Inclusion Manager to do just that. We are looking for someone who is passionate about ensuring that digital channels are accessible to all and designed with inclusivity in mind to define and drive forward our digital inclusion strategy as well as project manage key deliverables as part of our strategy.
Who are we?
We want to be the best place that any of our colleagues have ever worked.
We are the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business with c.13 million customers and c.£310 billion of assets under administration. As a market leader and FTSE 100 organisation, we understand that our scale and expertise means that we have a key role to play for our customers, colleagues and our communities to help as many people as possible secure a life of possibilities. We are tackling key environmental and social issues such as transitioning our portfolio to net zero by 2050 – but we’re not done yet.
We’ve seen huge growth and change, and this means there is enormous opportunity for our 8,000 colleagues to grow alongside us.
You can expect to work in a hybrid manner with time spent working in the office and at home. We believe that work/life balance offers benefits for customers as well as ensuring that you can balance a successful career with your life outside of work. We will discuss flexibility, what is important to you and balancing this with business requirements during the recruitment process.
We want to hire the whole version of you
We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels accepted and safe at work, and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is valued at Phoenix regardless of age, gender identity, neurodiversity, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, socioeconomic background or anything else. Whether it’s joining one of our internal employee networks, being an ally, taking positive action or simply being there to listen, everyone at Phoenix is valued and respected.
If you need any help or adjustments to the recruitment process due to health, disability or anything else, please let us know so we can help you to be the best version of yourself.
There are 11 million people in the UK who lack the digital skills to thrive in life. As a digital-first company, Phoenix is responsibly addressing this digital divide. Our Digital Inclusion strategy aims to remove the barriers to using online; ensuring every customer can interact with a digital experience that meets their needs.
You’ll have the opportunity to lead our digital inclusion strategy, targeting segments of our customers to remove digital barriers and meeting more bespoke digital needs. You will be responsible for solutionising for real customer issues and implementing a range of initiatives across digital inclusion, being accountable for delivery and measurement of success.
Our Digital Inclusion Manager will be passionate about making financial services accessible to as many people as possible, be able to effectively communicate to senior stakeholders and demonstrate strong project management skills.
- Ownership of the Group digital inclusion strategy as part of the wider customer sustainability agenda, responsible for iteration and implementation of the strategy in 2023 and beyond
- Be a subject matter expert on the digital inclusion agenda, solving for barriers which inhibit customers’ access and understanding of digital services
- Lead on the design and implementation of KPIs and impact measures, working with the customer sustainability team and wider business to ensure they are viable and monitored
- Narrator for the digital inclusion story, overseeing contributions to the Group sustainability report and ensuring key deliverables are communicated through the appropriate channels to drive internal and external engagement
- Support for our Group Digital channels in keeping up to date on relevant changes in legislation, good practice and policy and defining sustainable solutions to meet customer needs
- Track emerging best practice and identify new opportunities to develop our ambition further and support the development of our overarching Customer Sustainability strategy
- Identify external partnership opportunities
- Strong evidence of strategy development and implementation
- Demonstrative experience in the digital inclusion space
- Demonstrable experience of leading a programme of work with a specific focus on customer proposition
- Experience of delivering as part of a cross-functional team, preferably within an agile environment
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure with resilience
- Driven, enthusiast and delivery focussed
- Passionate about delivering for and making a difference to customers
- Project management, leadership and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the business
- Strong evidence of delivering medium to large and/or complex projects and relevant experience in the implementation of group-wide business projects
- Understanding of customer needs and requirements
- Experience of engaging with and presenting to senior stakeholders
Why choose us?
Bring your ‘whole self’, skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we’ll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We’ll ensure you’re rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Sound good? If you are ready to help us make Phoenix the best place you’ve ever worked, we’d love to hear from you.