What is the purpose of this job?
To develop and lead the diversity and inclusion strategy for the Rail Delivery Group. Working with the People and Inclusion team, our internal employee networks, our Industry EDI Project and Development Manager and our industry partners to input into the design of the diversity and inclusion strategy.
What can I expect to do in this job?
- Identify and define improvements and develop an action plan for implementation.
- Drive cultural change throughout the business by role modelling and embedding equity, diversity and inclusion into all relevant people processes and policies to support best practice and create a more open, inclusive and diverse organisation.
- Oversee the employee networks and create a structure that will support the diversity and inclusion activity, and delivery of our strategy going forward.
- Provide advice and guidance on all aspects of the application of diversity and inclusion and related policies, seeking support from subject matter experts where required.
- Monitor the demographics of our workforce, benchmark our performance and ensure that any patterns or trends are identified, and actions plans are developed that seek to resolve issues. Providing regular reporting to our Executive team.
- Be the main point of contact for equality, diversity and inclusion matters within RDG.
- Build strong stakeholder relationship both within RDG and externally (e.g. with DfT, GBRTT, Network Rail) to support effective delivery in the role, ensuring RDG is an influencing voice in the diversity and inclusion space.
What experience, skills and knowledge do I need?
- Proven successful experience of developing, implementing and managing diversity and inclusion strategies within a small organisation.
- Experience of organising internal and external events
- Proficiency in stakeholder management.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise and influence a range of stakeholders across different levels of an organisation.
- Experience and knowledge of recruitment and selection criteria – understand the law around equal opportunities and equal pay.
- Flexible approach in response to work demands as they arise.
- Knowledge and understanding of diversity and inclusion, including relevant legislation, best practice, implementation of diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives.
- Ability to interpret, analyse and present, data to support strategy implementation.
How to apply
A CV will not be required at this stage. If you believe you have the qualities we are seeking for any of our vacancies, please press on apply.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 20 days of the advert closing, I am afraid you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible
To apply for this job please visit www.raildeliverygroup.com.