Bother is a household goods delivery service that simplifies peoples’ lives. We help households across the country focus on what really matters by taking care of the boring stuff. Our model is better for the environment, better for the brands we work with and most importantly better for customers. We’ve got lofty goals; we’re aiming to be the largest digital-first grocery destination in Europe within 10 years. To get us there we’re backed by some of the World’s pre-eminent seed investors and are advised by a panel that includes the founding partners of Deliveroo, Thread, Gym Shark and The Hut Group.
About the People Team and this role!
We’re hiring our first full time member of our People, Culture + Inclusion team, to join our mission to revolutionize the UK grocery market.
We’re seeking a passionate + innovative Head of People, Culture + Inclusion, who’s dedicated to helping us to grow our already incredible team, and supporting our individuals to be as happy, fulfilled + high performing as possible! We want to give all members of our team a People Experience which we can be truly proud of and this is an incredible opportunity to design, build, enable and support our team here at Bother, as well as continuously developing an incredible culture that champions inclusion, and is values driven from the onset.
Our people are the critical enable in our ability to succeed as a business, and building a culture that supports them is our No.1 priority. This is an amazing opportunity to not only join our mission, but to have the opportunity to shape the future of Bother and do the work of your career.
You will be responsible for…
- Working to build + embed inclusive, values driven practices across the full People lifecycle. We’re on a mission to build a truly diverse workforce who are supported to be as happy, engaged and high performing as possible.
- Partnering with our Leadership Team as a trusted advisor + supporter. You’ll play a vital role in helping them grow from do-ers to leaders and ensuring that they’re set up for success and able to be the best leaders they can be.
- Learning + Growth! Ensuring we’re enabling high performance within everyone person in our team. It’s vital that we make sure that our team members’ personal visions are being achieved alongside Bothers.
- Collaborating with our interim People + Culture experts to design the Bother People + Culture function in alignment with our People Roadmap. You’ll have the opportunity to lead projects on Hiring, Onboarding, Performance, L&D (+ more!) and truly see the impact of your work!
- You’ll play a key part in cultivating and maintaining our ‘cultural drumbeat’ – ensuring our values + virtues are embedded into each individual’s experience, from their onboarding, to each 1:1s, to organizing inclusive and fun team socials.
What we’re looking for from you…
- You have strong experience in a Senior People person/Head of People role in a scaling business, ideally a tech startup or scaleup! You’re a bonafide People Generalist.
- You know what a great People + Talent function looks like, as well as how to create scalable practises that will excel as we grow.
- You’re have high EQ and are driven by empathy + compassion. This isn’t a typical ‘HR’ role – you’ll need to take a human first, compassion + empathy filled approach to how we support individuals.
- You’re great at prioritising and have the ability to balance supporting the team day to day and executing larger project work.
- You’re measured and inquisitive – you’re always keen to understand the route of a challenge or situations before passing opinion or jumping in to resolve something
- You’re confident and independent – you’re excited to get stuck into new projects, and not fazed by tackling something on your own, especially before you’ve grown your team! We have a lot to do, so you’ll need to be super hands on!
- You’re creative and innovative, always striving toward better than ‘best practice’! That goes for all of our People initiatives, including how design and implement culturally supportive company wide events and workshops on an ongoing basis, which is also something you’ll get a chance to own!
- You’re passionate about all things People + Culture, but especially from the perspective of building Inclusive and Diverse team + cultures.
What you can expect from us!
- A job that can grow as quickly as you can. We’re doubling tech headcount in the next 6 months and this is only the start. This is an exciting chance to join early in a scale-up company.
- The tools, resources and support you need to succeed and grow. We’re big believers in self-improvement and we want to help you to be the best version of yourself you can be.
- A collaborative and supportive team. No one’s an island – we’re all here to help each other when we need it and we strive for psychological safety. Hopefully we can teach you some stuff and we’re excited to find out what you can teach us too.
- A truly flexible work environment, with a focus on prioritising work-life balance in the way that works best for you.
- A fun, inclusive and thoughtful company culture.
- In addition to all of this, we are committed to driving positive impact in everything we do. We have planted close to 40K trees since we launched and have a certified climate positive workforce!
At Bother, our goal is to create a culture where people of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We actively work towards creating an inclusion-first workplace where everyone is truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals. Whatever your background, lifestyle, typestyle or hairstyle, we invite you to apply. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please just let us know.
To apply for this job please visit webother.co.uk.