Chief Diversity Officer
Annie is the Global Head for Inclusion and Diversity for H&M Group, which covers all the 8 brands under the H&M Group umbrella. She received her J.D. from New York Law School and her B.A. from Boston University. Her interest and passion for fairness and equality led her to start her career working on the management side of labor and employment law, negotiating with international unions in addition to handling sensitive and confidential employment matters. Joining the global brand of H&M in 2012, Annie started working in the H&M North American offices in New York City and moved to the head office of the H&M Group in Stockholm in 2016 where she served as Global Manager of Employee Relations for the H&M Group.
As the Global Head for Inclusion and Diversity for the Group, Annie’s responsibilities are to be a catalyst for an internal change journey, and to reinforce H&M Group ́s way of ensuring inclusion and diversity is embedded in the culture and values of all the different brands. This job suits Annie well since she has vast experience in the field and is strongly dedicated and a firm believer in equality, belonging, inclusion and diversity. This is topic is also close to Annie’s heart since her background is being born in Taiwan, growing up in the US and now living in Europe.
Annie has with her determination and hard work been able set a clear group strategy for Inclusion and Diversity with the aim to position H&M Group as leading force in this topic for the retail industry.
Some of her and her team’s achievements:
- Recurrent awareness workshops for the entire H&M Group management – including the CEO and his executive management team – are being conducted.
- More than 70.000 employees have received inclusion and diversity trainings between 2018 and 2021. Trainings continue during 2022 and more trainings are being developed.
- A cross functional team with leaders from across the organization that help drive I&D through Sustainability, Communications/Marketing and Human Resources has been pulled together .
- Annie and her team have participated in several interviews and panel discussions in her mission to emphasize the importance of inclusion and equality for all – and will continue to do so.
- H&M Group has entered a list of meaningful partnerships: UN Women’s Unstereotype Alliance, World Economic Forum’s Global Parity Alliance and Partnering for racial justice in business and Tent’s Refugee Women Mentorship Initiative are some examples.
- During 2022 the I&D Dashboard – a tool to help guide decision making in relation to inclusion and diversity – is being implemented across the organization.
- Also during 2022, the Colleague Resources Group Framework has been launched – providing new perspectives to support our business priorities, increase our competitive advantage and enhance our brand reputation, while driving a culture of inclusion.
- A team of experts have been appointed to equip our organization with the tools, information, education, and support to help mitigate bias, improve inclusion and promote diversity in all customer-facing activities.