This online Level 2 CPD Accredited training workshop has been designed for professionals who have been in a D&I role for between 1 to 3 years, and are looking to enhance their knowledge and skills.
Tickets cost £495+VAT per person (£395+VAT for non-profit organisations) and spaces are limited to 24 attendees to enable the day to be as interactive as possible.
The event will take place on Zoom – please ensure you can access this platform before booking.
Level 2 Online Workshop Outline (subject to change)
Times below are Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
09:15 to 09:30
09:15 to 17:00
Module 1: The diversity, equity and inclusion context
– Engaging senior leaders to create a vision for DEI from the top – moving beyond awkwardness and fear
– The importance of psychological safety at work and how to foster this
– Growing your capacity: Creating a D&I champions programme
– Tackling deep-rooted bias, stereotypes and understanding how society and the workplace are interlinked
Module 2: Your role as an internal consultant
– Understanding the key capabilities of an internal consultant
– Spotlight on the differentiator capabilities to amplify to be effective as an internal consultant and D&I leader
– Creating the diversity and inclusion vision and how to engage and bring it to life with your communication and marketing teams
Module 3: Enhancing your D&I leader capabilities
– How to collect and analyse data to support your strategy
– Analysing data and being data-driven – a case study of performance management
– Shaping strategy using a framework and an effective change management system
– Create a dashboard to present and communicate data on D&I
Module 4: Stepping up into your D&I leadership role – From managing to leading
– Understanding your own influence
– The Resilient Influencer and driver of change
– Identifying your USP and accelerating your seat at the table – Developing your own style of leadership
– Building personal brand and reputation
Module 5: Interactive Q&A
Meet the speakers
Gamiel Yafai, Author & award winning Diversity & Inclusion Strategist, Diversity Marketplace
Gamiel has worked at the highest levels with many public, private and voluntary sector organisations on Diversity and Inclusion Culture Change Initiatives over the last 19 years. Recipient of the Global Diversity Leadership Award presented by the Global HRD Congress, Global Goodwill Ambassador and Author of ‘Demystifying Diversity’… read more.
Fiona Daniel, CEO and founder, FD2i
Fiona is a qualified diversity and inclusion leader and D&I company award winner with over 15 years’ experience of leading and growing the global diversity & inclusion agenda for one of the largest banking and finance service organisations in the world, including leading the UK as the Head of Diversity and Inclusion. Fiona is passionate about people and inclusion and works… read more
Toby Mildon, Diversity & Inclusion Architect, Mildon, a consultancy and advisory business
Toby works with businesses to re-engineer business processes and systems to minimise the impact of bias, to break down cultural barriers, and also build a culture of inclusion. And Toby is the author of Inclusive Growth, which discusses his proven model for building D&I in corporates. Before setting up his consultancy, Toby worked… read more.
Book your place
Tickets cost £495+VAT per person (£395+VAT for non-profit organisations) and spaces are limited to 24 attendees to enable the day to be as interactive as possible. Please note the price is per person and includes live access to the event and PDF downloads of the speaker presentations. The event will take place on Zoom – please ensure you can access this platform before booking.
Group bookings – Book two or more people and you will receive a 10% discount.
Payment – You can pay online using a credit or debit card, or choose to pay by invoice (payment must be received before the event).
Click here to view the full booking terms and conditions.
If you have any queries regarding your booking, please call +44 (0) 20 8650 4400 or email email@example.com
What recent attendees of our ‘The Foundations to Being an Effective D&I Leader’ training workshop had to say…
“Gave me exactly what I needed to inform my thinking around strategy EDI practice”
Head of Corporate Interventions D&I
“The session has inspired me to pursue a future career in D&I”
Senior Communication Manager
“I was left feeling a happy combination of exhausted and invigorated after a full on day of D&I learning”
“I found the day very insightful, great engagement and a great opportunity to support my learnings as well as building new connections in the field – thank you!”
Head of Diversity and Inclusion
“Incredibly informative and a “must do” for anyone who has anything to do with D&I in an organisation”
Senior Specialist, People & Culture
“This training workshop is engaging, informative and very accessible”
D&I Committee Member
“Brilliant, so pleased I got the opportunity to attend and I can’t wait until the next one!”
“Thought provoking with tangible actions to take away!”
DE&I Strategic Programme Manager
“A thought provoking day that offered alternative perspectives on how to effect positive change in leading or driving Diversity, Equity & Inclusion”
Diversity & Inclusion Lead
This workshop has been awarded 7 CPD Credits. Attendees will receive a certificate of their online attendance.