This online CPD Accredited training workshop has been designed for professionals who have recently taken on responsibility for leading, or helping to deliver their employers diversity and inclusion strategy, as well as those who aspire to do so.
Tickets cost £495+VAT per person (£395+VAT for non-profit organisations) and spaces are limited to 22 attendees to enable the day to be as interactive as possible.
The event will take place on Zoom – please ensure you can access this platform before booking.
Learning outcomes for online workshop attendees include:
- A foundation knowledge and understanding of equality legislation, diversity and inclusion
- Know what bias is and how to recognise it in yourself and take action
- Move beyond unconscious bias with an exploration of inclusive behaviours and own leadership style
- Exploration of different ways to obtain data and tracking and monitoring progress
- Understand your role as a D&I leader in today’s workplace
- An exploration of Emotional Intelligence, Culture and Inclusive Behaviours and their impact in and out of the organisation
Online Workshop Outline (subject to change)
Times below are Greenwich Mean Time (BST).
09:15 to 09:30
09:15 to 17:00
Module 1: The Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Landscape
– Getting ready to lead the agenda
– Terminology and language
– From Unconscious Bias to Inclusive Behaviours
Module 2: Talking the Language of the Business
– The internal and external environment
– Creating an effective Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy
– Tracking and monitoring progress
Module 3: The D&I Leader Capabilities
– Managing stakeholders
– Inclusive leadership behaviours & Emotional Intelligence
Module 4: The Role of the D&I Leader
– The Resilient Influencer and driver of change
– Leading the agenda within your sphere of influence
– Critical friend in driving the agenda
Module 5: Putting it in to Practice
– Practical case study exercise
Meet the speakers
Gamiel Yafai, Author & award winning Diversity & Inclusion Strategist, Diversity Marketplace
Gamiel has worked at the highest levels with many public, private and voluntary sector organisations on Diversity and Inclusion Culture Change Initiatives over the last 19 years. Recipient of the Global Diversity Leadership Award presented by the Global HRD Congress, Global Goodwill Ambassador and Author of ‘Demystifying Diversity’… read more.
Fiona Daniel, CEO and founder, FD2I
Fiona is a qualified diversity and inclusion leader and D&I company award winner with over 15 years’ experience of leading and growing the global diversity & inclusion agenda for one of the largest banking and finance service organisations in the world, including leading the UK as the Head of Diversity and Inclusion. Fiona is passionate about people and inclusion and works… read more
Toby Mildon, Diversity & Inclusion Architect, Mildon, a consultancy and advisory business
Toby works with businesses to re-engineer business processes and systems to minimise the impact of bias, to break down cultural barriers, and also build a culture of inclusion. And Toby has a forthcoming book due out in 2020, titled Inclusive Growth, which will include his proven model for building D&I in corporates… read more.
Book your place
Tickets cost £495+VAT per person (£395+VAT for non-profit organisations) and spaces are limited to 22 attendees to enable the day to be as interactive as possible. Please note the price is per person and includes live access to the event and PDF downloads of the speaker presentations. The event will take place on Zoom – please ensure you can access this platform before booking.
Group bookings – Book two or more people and you will receive a 10% discount.
Payment – You can pay online using a credit or debit card, or choose to pay by invoice (payment must be received before the event).
Click here to view the full booking terms and conditions.
If you have any queries regarding your booking, please call +44 (0) 20 8650 4400 or email email@example.com
This workshop has been awarded 7 CPD Credits. Attendees will receive a certificate of their online attendance.