Online conference kindly sponsored by:
Times below are Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
All talks are recorded so you can revisit or view at a time convenient to you!
08:30 Online networking
09:05 Chair’s welcome and opening remarks
09:15 Equality Law – The future
- Where we are now: equality under lockdown
- Brexit and equality law
- The future of equality law
09:35 Essential guidance to help organisations comply with equality law and human rights standards
- Upholding equality law during a pandemic
- Addressing equal pay and closing pay gaps
- Tackling harassment in the workplace
09:55 Panel discussion - 10 years since the Equality Act, what progress has been made and what more needs to be done?
- What progress have we made towards achieving equality in the workplace?
- Is current equality law fit for the modern workplace?
- From harassment at work to gender, ethnicity and disability pay gaps, what more needs to be done to tackle entrenched issues?
- How can we better enforce equality law?
Speakers above to be joined by:
10:35 Break and online networking
11:00 Pay Gap Reporting: A look at gender, ethnicity and other pay gap reporting
- How are companies dealing with gender gap reporting 2 years on?
- What lessons can be learnt and what are the challenges moving forward?
- What good practices are emerging from gender pay gap reporting that can be applied to other pay gap reporting?
- What are the challenges for ethnicity and other pay gap reporting?
11:20 Employer Case Study: A look at Deloitte’s strategies to achieve gender diversity
- Establishing the right approach – understanding the ‘pain points’
- Identifying the right targeted interventions
- The role of culture in ensuring meaningful and sustained change
- Understanding and measuring impact
11:40 Non-disclosure agreements – A look at the government’s proposed new plans for NDA’s and what this means for businesses
- Tackling the misuse of NDA’s in the workplace
- What will the proposed legislation include?
- EHRC’s guidance in discrimination cases
12:00 Sexual harassment in the workplace
- What should employers be doing to create a work environment that is free from sexual harassment?
- How to deal with allegations including a look at historic cases
- Steps for employers to prevent sexual harassment
12:20 Live audience questions & answers
12:45 Lunch break and online networking
13:40 Avoiding disability discrimination when managing mental health in the workplace
- Understanding the legal framework
- Key tips from recent cases
- Avoiding the pitfalls
14:00 Employer case study: Managing Workplace adjustments effectively and developing a positive mental health culture
- How can employers better support all employees including those with disabilities and conditions including mental health to remain in and thrive at work?
14:20 Religion and belief discrimination - creating a safe faith friendly workplace
- Current legal landscape
- Expanding definition of ‘philosophical belief’ – ethical veganism, belief in moral right to copyright etc
- Situations where the rights of one protected party conflict with that of another:
– Religious belief vs. gay/transgender rights
– Feminists vs. transgender rights
– Brexit vs Remain
- Practical steps for employers – fostering diversity and inclusion in the workplace
14:40 Live audience questions & answers
15:05 Break and online networking
15:30 Equality law and trans & non-binary rights in the workplace
- Challenges faced by trans & non-binary employees
- Protections provided to trans & non-binary employees (from a community perspective)
- Supporting trans & non-binary employees in the workplace
15:50 What is Positive Action in the workplace: The Legal Framework
- Positive action v positive discrimination – what’s the difference?
- S.158 and S.159 of the Equality Act – explained
- What does the ET case of Furlong v Chief Constable of Cheshire mean for positive action going forward?