Summit kindly sponsored by:
Times below are British Summer Time (BST).
All talks are recorded so you can revisit or view at a time convenient to you!
08:40 Online networking
09:05 Chair’s opening remarks
09:10 Attracting and recruiting disabled talent
- Effective ways of recruiting from the talent pool and making the process more inclusive
- What do we mean by the best candidate?
- How do you equip disabled people who are looking for employment?
- Where do you invest your time and money to get the best people for the job?
- A look at the BDF recruitment toolkit
09:30 Retaining and supporting newly recruited disabled workers
- Getting the right workplace adjustments through the hiring and selection process
- Supporting line managers; coaching and addressing behaviours
- Creating an open, trusting culture
- Supporting health and wellbeing
09:50 How GSK is putting a disability inclusive lens across the business
- Aligning the built environment, inclusive design, reasonable adjustments and health and wellbeing
- Strategic drivers
10:10 Live audience questions and answers
10:40 Break and online networking
11:05 In conversation: Helping disabled workers develop their inner confidence
- Access to Work – how to apply, tips and tricks
- How to build confidence – it’s a fine line – like many people, it goes below and above through your career
- Personal training/development
- What tools and technology can help you become more independent
11:25 Improving collaborative working between DEI Leaders and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Understanding the benefits of good collaboration
- How should you work with ERG leaders to support them and their goals?
- Working with ERGs to help with strategy and action planning
- Juggling competing priorities in diversity – how do you overcome the challenges?
- Practical tips on how to make the relationship work well
11:45 Neurodiversity: Difference or Disability?
12:00 Providing workplace adjustments for disabled employees working flexibly
- How do you provide a good ergonomic environment both on site and at home that is cost effective?
- Points to consider when deciding whether your adjustments are sufficiently inclusive
- Reviewing processes, working with your ERG, and formalising changes
- Getting the health and wellbeing balance right
- To what extent has covid been a gamechanger?
12:20 Live audience questions and answers
12:50 Morning chair’s closing remarks and hand over to afternoon chair
12:55 Lunch break and online networking
13:40 Chair’s welcome back
13:45 In conversation: Using assistive technology to create a better work environment– what’s new and what’s on the horizon?
- A look at Google’s employee disability passport
- Using examples of where assistive technologies can make a real difference – what can companies do now?
- What’s in the pipeline?
14:05 Gathering employee data and measuring the success of your disability inclusion strategy
- What frameworks are you using?
- What do you need to do to join up the different areas of disability?
- What data do you collect and use and how are you building trust to capturing it?
- How do you integrate what you’ve learnt into effective processes?
- Tackling challenges with sharing invisible disabilities
14:25 Addressing the importance of weaving intersectionality into your disability strategy
14:45 Live audience questions and answers
Panel speaker representing Coca-Cola Europacific Partners:
15:15 Break and online networking
15:40 Translating disability inclusion commitments into a reality – what’s next?
- Addressing the lack of visibility of senior role models in disability
- How do you develop the careers of and promote disabled workers up into senior ranks?
- Why do we need a disability inclusion commitment from the top?
- Keeping the dial moving forward